Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH - Tweening a line
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 01:53:03 GMT

Hi Angelique,

> This is a really dense question, and I apologize. I've been trying to do
> something really simple, and it's just not happening.
> How do I have a line grow, from one side of the screen to another?
> I assumed it would go as follows:
> 1. draw the first line segment
> 2. At the point where I want the line to be its complete length,
> insert a keyframe and scale the line to its maximum size.
> 3. Motion tween.

You forgot Step 1B) convert the line to a Symbol.
You may be disappointed with that technique though because the thickness
of the line will increase as its lenght incraeses.

Instead of drawing a line create a filled rectangle with no outline.
Make it as thin as a line then make it a symbol and expand the second
instance's lenght like any fill from the center handle or using the
Inspector.