Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 3 Books
From: DragonFly
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 07:19:18 GMT

Kristin Dumas wrote:

> I found a book that might be worth looking at. It might not help you right now though, cause
> it won't be released until February.
>
> Flash 3 Web Animation F/X and Design; By Ken Milburn, Janine Warner
>
> General Overview (as taken from Amazon.com)
> Showing step-by-step how to apply transparency, create morphing effects, add interactivity and
> sound, and animate graphics for the Web, this title includes a CD-ROM demo of Flash 3 and a
> collection of clip art.

Well, it *could* turn out to be good, but, when one goes to:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1566047323/qid=917766352/sr=1-4/002-4512857-0647637

one sees that Milburn's and Warner's *The Flash 2 Animation Book" only received an average rating
of 3 stars out of a possible 5, from six reader-reviewers, with two one-star reviewers intimating
that the book added nothing of great value to The Manual, at least for newbies.

My own personal inclination is to learn via The Manual, this email list, the Lessons that come
with Flash, and the several teaching sites that have been posted here (another reason that we
need a FAQ, so anyone can find that list quickly).

Ken Sherwood