Subject: Re: FLASH: What about *this* Flash book? (Mohler)
From: Mike Krisher
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:15:03 GMT

> Graphics, Animation & Interactivity with Flash 4.0 by James L. Mohler

I think that Chrissy was giving this book away at some point so someone
other than I must have it. I actually had Prof. Mohler as an instructor when
I was in college, and I think he is brilliant. He has written a number of
books on interactivity and design. When writing the book he looked for works
people could donate to the book for tutorials and I actually pitched one in
for Tell Targets. Other people contributing (I believe) are the people from
Insomnious (who have redesigned their site recently) and there was some
involvement from the people at Vecta3D. Like it says in the description,
this was written to be a textbook that Prof. Mohler could use in a class to
teach Flash. I think the book does a good job of taking people from the
beginning and getting them to the more difficult material. I haven't read
John's book or Flash 4 Magic, but I am guessing that if you are JUST looking
for actionscripting, this isn't the book, however if you have never taken a
class in Flash here's your chance, this book does a good job.

I am a bit biased so if anyone else uses the book, I would like to hear what
you think.

Michael Krisher

flasher is generously supported by...