Subject: looping external text file
From: Susanne Everson
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:20:32 -0000

Hi All!

I'm new with major Actionscript...so I read in tutorials...

Flash doesn't stop for a text file to load. This is why we want the Flash
file to loop while the text file loads. Does someone have a Flash 5 example
of this?

I've been trying to figure it out from a Flash 4 tutorial but my text file
is not loading.

This is what I have...and yes - i did put &textloaded=OK into the top of my
text file...what am I doing wrong? Does anyone have a Flash 5 expample?
MANY, many thanks in advance... Sue

Scene 1
window
Symbol Definition(s)
window
(empty), (scrolltext)
actions for frame 1
loadVariablesNum ("scrolltext.txt", 0);
actions for frame 2
if (/:textloaded="OK") {
gotoAndPlay (4);
}
actions for frame 3
gotoAndPlay (2);

******
my text file:

&textloaded=OK
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.......[more text]

*****
the result:
No load...no errors :(

Thanks,