Subject: Re: [flasher] javascript actionscript ?
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:15:56 -0000

This method will allow you to pause a movieclip for 30 seconds,
if that's what you're trying to do:

Frame 1: get the current time in the first frame and
put that time in a variable called old_time.

Frame 2: get the current time again and put it in
a variable called new_time.

Frame 3: check if new_time is greater than old_time + 30 seconds;
If so, then I let the movieclip play on, and do its thing. If not I
make it loop back to Frame 2, to check again.

I usually use this method because putting 30 seconds worth of
blank frames (360 frames, at 12fps) into a movie clip can really
increase the file size.

I hope I didn't completely misunderstand the question...

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com