Subject: [flasher]array.indexOf
From: Scott Rouse
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:06:51 -0000

I have searched through the help for any piece of code that will allow me to
find the index of a specific string that exists within an array. I have
found nothing. I finally created a work-around that loops through the whole
array until it finds a match...but that seems just wacked to me. Director
does this and it seems to me that this would be a basic function and a
virtue of utilizing an array (anytime you splice the array, anything after
the splice has a new index number). If I missed something could someone
point it out...and if I didn't would anyone want the goofy work-around?

Thanks
Scott Rouse