Subject: Re: [flasher] Break Apart Text-Transform it to something New
From: Ken Lanxner
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:24:01 -0000

On 1/26/01 at 10:20 AM, NYCerinataol [dot] com wrote:

> I took a Flash class a little while back and remember learning a
> technique of having text..breaking it apart...and then it turns into
> something else. Did I explain this clearly enough? Does anybody know
> what I mean? I can't remember how to do it!

Flash 4: Type some text on the stage. Exit text mode and select the text
block. Using the Modify menu, Break Apart the text. The text is
converted to an un-grouped shape which you can modify like any other
shape.

One of the things you can now do with the text is "morph" it into
another shape using Shape Tweening. If your text shape is in frame 1,
then create a blank keyframe in, say, frame 20. Put an un-grouped shape
in that frame. Select any frame inbetween and access Frame Properties,
Tweening, Shape Tween. Your text will morph to the new shape. It may not
be pretty. You will need to play with it and use shape hints and the
results may still not be great. One letter will shape tween pretty
nicely into a similar shape (the letter A morphing into a triangle, for
example). But a word or a line of text is quite another thing as you
will discover.

Ken

---
Simplelives * Web design