Subject: Re: Background music
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:20:32 +0100

At 06:55 AM 7/15/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Ey!
>
>How do I loop music and use it as background music through my entire
>flash site?? Just like Gabocorp has in their site...
>
>Thankful for answers,
>
>Alma

1) Create/edit the loop in a sound editing program. It has to start and
end at places that make a nice loop when it's spliced to itself. A program
such as the shareware CoolEdit (Syntrillium.Com) will help you do this.
Save it in a format Flash recognizes (I use .wav);

2) Import the sound into your Flash movie (File > Import). It will now
appear in your library.

3) Insert a layer for the sound. Put a keyframe where you want it to
start. Double-click for Frame Properties. Select the Sound tab.

4) In that window, a) select the sound from the drop-down list of sounds
available in your library; b) choose"Event" for the type of sound, and c)
type in a large number for the number of loops (I use 999).

Consider providing a button that toggles the sound loop on and off. But
that's another (and longer) explanation.