Subject: Re: Addressing Movie Clips on the Main Stage
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:36:31 +0100

TheGilsterataol [dot] com wrote:

> Can anyone describe what I would enter into the target field to address a
> movie clip on the main stage?

Hiya Gil,

Double click on the movie clip symbol, down to the right you will see a
"instance name" box.
Call the movie "sample" then you can tell target "sample" to address the
movie clip.

If I wanted a button on the main timline to start animation at a keyframe
labeled "label" in movie clip
I would double click on button and apply action "tell target"= "sample" to
"goto and play"= "label".

note: The name of the movie symbol is only really needed to find it in the
library for editing.
When "talking" between movies, movie to maintimline, etc., you need to apply
instance names to them.

Its kinda like my dog is a Chiwawa, but his name is "Jose". To get his
attention I wouldnt call
him chiwawa, I would call him "Jose".

Yo Quiero, Taco Bell!

Adios,