Subject: Re: Off topic
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:38:57 +0100

Marc Hoffman wrote:

> At 12:24 PM 5/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >First Thanks for the link for swiffer, seems the zip file name had changed,
> >link worked fine and I could downloaded it.
> >
> >I have another question, it's off- topic, but since most people in the list
> >have a lot of web design experience I'm sure I can find Help.
> >I nead a software (prefered shareware or freeware) to make nice looking
> >buttons for a web page.

I find Flash to be excellent in making buttons. Making buttons with vectors
create
clean looking designs. If you find a button maker proggy or plug in
it would probably be a good idea to create a button using the prog and
then import the image into Flash, trace over them
with the vector tools and delete the imported images.
THis keeps the files size low and still creates smooth clean buttons.

If your designing buttons with texture, import the texture as the shape you want
and create
a different layer in Flash to add fonts over it. THis way the fonts look nice a
readable without
being part of the imported image and they dont end up low quality on export.

HTH,

-DG-