Subject: Strange behavior of EX with new Mac OS8.1
From: Ken Milburn
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:28:36 +0100

Just went through one of those painful instances wherein I had to reformat
all hard-drives and update the operating system to MacOS 8.1 in order to
kill all the bugs. However, I now can't seem to get Photoshop (or any other
application) to find the printer on its port. There seemed to be some
conflict with AppleTalk, but I turned Apple Talk off.

I have the printer plugged into the Printer port, which I occassionally
swap out with my modem. Can't get the modem to work, either. Anybody got a
clue? I must be missing something really obvious. Thanks.
Ken Milburn
Author of Photoshop 4 f/x and The Flash 2 Web Animation Book, Ventana
Press 1997, Master Photoshop 5 Visually (IDG), The Flash 3 Web Animation
Book (Coriolis) and Fundamental Painter 6 (Osborne)
235 Shoreline Highway, Suite 2, Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415) 383-0518

kmilburnatpacbell [dot] net (mailto:kmilburnatpacbell [dot] net)

http://www.kenmilburn.com