Subject: Macromedia Flash team wants your input
From: MT
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:29:03 +0100

Hey Macromedia-

I got some input for you, in line with the marketing focus of this product
survey. How about a studio bundle with Director and Flash, for PC and Mac?

As a developer that's what I really need, and I have a feeling I'm not alone.

xres? xtreme 3d? I don't think so.

Macromedia products, in order of current usefulness to me:

1. Director
2. Flash
3. Dreamweaver
4. Fireworks
5. Authorware
6. Fontographer

the rest don't rate at the moment. One other thing I have noticed (notably
with Freehand, Fireworks and Dreamweaver) is the increasing neglect of the
Mac platform, my PRIMARY development platform and the PRIMARY development
platform for most of the people I work with. The memory requirements are
ridiculous (especially Freehand), and stability and performance are
inferior to the Wintel platform. Neither I nor anyone I know is planning
on switching platforms, so I think you guys better stop hoping this
platform is going to go away.

I would rather have a cross-platform studio with the tools I use, than 3
different studios with 1 tool I need, and 2 or 3 throw-aways. (what the
heck is insta.html anyway? Have I EVER SEEN this product in 4 years of
working in the internet/multimedia industry in New York? (answer: no))

Other than that stuff, I think Macromedia is great. I keep telling
everyone to buy stock, 'cause it's definitely a better business than Yahoo.
;-)

MT