Subject: Re: FLASH: Quicktime in flash. Another Question
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:55:15 +0100

Hi Francis,

> is this quicktime procedure to allow one to use all of FLash's effects with
> perhaps the quicktime running as a base layer?
> How does this work?
The QuickTime publish option creates movies in the QuickTime 4
format. When Flash creates a QuickTime file, it copies the Flash
movie on a separate track. The Flash movie plays in the
QuickTime movie exactly as it does in the Flash Player, retaining
all of its interactive (Flash 3 for now) features. If the Flash movie
contains a
QuickTime movie, Flash copies it to a separate track in the new
QuickTime file.

> I know that the exporting to video from Flash seems to be restricted to only
> Flash2 features.
Not totally true. When exporting as video you must use a single
sequential straight timeline playback so you can't use Movie Clips for
instance because they void the single timeline concept needed for
standard video. Buttons are either not supported or have special
limitations. Other interactive features and whether Flash 2 or 3 is
supported varies by the format. For instance Real Video is still Flash 2
(soon to be Flash 4).

QT 4 is limited to Flash 3 features, so far as I know. If not already
done a future release of QT4 is expected to be Flash 4 compatible.