Subject: Re: FLASH: Blistering Critique requested
From: Keane_Sadler
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:52:20 +0100

Dear Jeff,

Suggestions for your site follow:

1) Front Page
Simplify the first page the user sees. You have too much random *stuff*.
The user has a simple choice: FLASH or no flash.
I agree with Roger in that the jpg you use does not seem to have much
depth; you should be able to change that by adding rocks, etc to it so you
get perspective.

2) HTML home page
Icky Animated gif. See if you can fit all the content here on one screen
of info, so it looks cleaner. Using borderlesstables can really help here.

3) Marketing Page
No icky anim? Put your navigational links at the top as well as the bottom
of the page. Block quote, un-bold, and left align the text, maybe with a
graphic letter at the begining of each paragraph.

4) Pricing
Icky Animated GIF at top. Header and Divider are jamming together on the
same line. Keep table cells the same size.

5)History
Good overall. Try a layout that using more than one HTML page; ie page
one, then user input to go to the next page. Of course, if you do that
then make sure you make the rest of the pages thus to maintain consistancy.

6) E-Mags
One word: Formating! :)

7) Sample Sites
Again, see if you can fit everything in one screen. I like the table
format. The borders are good here, I think.

8) Philosophy
Broken graphics. See above ;)

OVERALL:

You need to keep a more consistant design, preferable one that does not
require the user to scroll around much; ie, keeping all information in one
place. The animated header you have on some pages looks pretty bad, IMHO;
try a more professional looking letterhead. Navigation, be it links or a
menu should be either on the left hand side, or at both the top and bottom
of the page.

That is all I can think of for the HTML. I have some ideas for the FLASH
part, but I won't include them here, since you were primarily asking for
critiques on the HTML. If you would like my FLASH suggestions, please
email me personally.

Good luck on your revisions (what ever you choose to do!),

Keane Sadler
keane_sadleratrosetree [dot] k12 [dot] pa [dot] us