Subject: FLASH: protocol
From: Erik [gearik] Mattheis
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 19:51:11 +0100

Can anybody tell me why this happened for this user:

"When I tried to access www.autotonic.com, I got a graphic spinning around, a
song playing, and then an announcement that "the protocol specified in this
address is not valid." I couldn't get any further."

There is a GetURL action sent from the movie which is
javascript:parent.frames['upper'].loadNext(); and it sounds like the error
comes up at about this time.

The frame 'upper' is CF and the frameset and frame with the Flash in it is
not, so there's a possibility ColdFusion was down so loadNext() wouldn't
have been defined yet, but I'd think the error would be a JavaScript error
in that case. As there's an "enter" buttin in the upper frame, I imagine it
wasn't loaded, or they would have just hit "enter".

Another possibility I can think of is if the user accidentaly typed https://

What is up?

Erik [gearik] Mattheis

"Never pet your dog when it is on fire."
- http://pharmdec.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/jardin_scripts/SCG