Subject: Re: FLASH: Site look over
From: Jason
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:52:11 +0100

Hi,

Very nice. For me there is too much going on. I would avoid the logo
animation when the other animations are going on both because it is
distracting and because with a slower CPU, the whole thing looks very
jilted... I would invest more in making the car's wheels turn when it is
'driving' accross the screen, for example. I get the feeling that the white
monster (yeti) is particularly demanding in terms of processing... Or maybe
I should upgrade my Mac ;-)
Two details. Firstly the "Family" logo shifts slightly at the end of the
tweening. This could be because you have a keyframe after the tween and the
image isn't perfectly in place or it could be because you have many other
elements coming in on the last keyframe of the animation (the boat and the
firefly...) so the computer takes an extra half a second for this keyframe
than for the others. This causes a jolt in the animation. Put the final
keyframe of the tween one frame (or more) before the other elements are
introduced. Secondly, the Fish clip actually loops (and becomes very small
for 1/2 a second) before being replaced by the next clip. Put a stop frame
at the end of his clip to stop this.

That's my ha'penny worth.

Good luck with those kids (they're very picky about what they watch, as you
probably well know :-)

Jason ( a fellow kids' content developer)

Lee Cain wrote:

> Hello Flashers,
> Here's a site for folks to check out if they have time. It's
> specifically designed for high bandwidth, so loading times aren't an
> issue. : )
> http://www.mindmagic.com/TFN
>
> Thanks for your time!
> Lee
> lrciiiatmindmagic [dot] com

-- Around the world in 12 songs with Boowa and Kwala -
http://www.boowakwala.com
A big blue dog and a strange yellow animal will help kids with their first
clicks on the internet.
Every month during 1999 kids will find a chapter of their tale, a song,
some games and the Boowa and Kwala Club.

Le tour du monde de Boowa et Quoila en 12 chansons -
http://www.boowaquoila.com
Nos deux adorables personnages, Boowa et Quoila, accompagnent les
tout-petits pour leur premiers pas sur l'internet.
Des animations, de la musique, des bruitages, des surprises a cliquer...
Parfait pour les tout-petits !