Subject: FLASH: Problem with editable text fields
From: Simone Chacham
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:28:16 +0100

I'm following step by step the tutorial included in the Flash 4 manual.
In the section "use editable text fields", there are many instructions
to do a editable text field, such as follow:

(...)
2 Create a new layer in the Timeline and name it �Data Entry.�
3 Select the first frame in the Data Entry layer in the Timeline.
4 With the first frame in the Data Entry layer selected, click the text
tool and the
Text Field modifier.
5 Draw editable text fields for Name, Email, and Comment.
6 Using the arrow tool, select the Name text field and choose
Modify > Text Field to open the Text Field Properties dialog box.
7 Enter �Name� in the Variable box and click OK.
(...)

The problem is that after I draw the editable text field, I can't access
the option Modify > Text Field because is not available. And if I don't
write anything inside the field, it disappears when I change the tool.

There's anybody who did succed in this "field"?

Simone Chacham