Subject: Re: FLASH: Mouseovers with Animation
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 21:57:34 +0100

Hi Chris,

My Basic Tell Target shpows tha basic button technique.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tutorials/TellTarget.htm
Now that we have search we will be improving keyword searches.

For your specific request I would make a nested movie clip (one inside
the other.

I would start by creating a n MC with an instance name of Fade.
In frame 1 create a new MC called with an instance name Action.
Put a Park frame (blank keyframe and stop action) in frame 1. Put
standard action in following frames with a stop action in last frame.
In the Fade MC create an alpha Tween to fade out.

On Mouse Over
Tell Target Target: /Fade/Action
Go to and Play Label: Start (Start should be frame 2)
End Tell Target
End On(0)

On Mouse Out
Tell Target Target: /Fade
Go to and Play Label: Start (Start should be frame 2)
End Tell Target
End On(0)

In last frame of Fade MC put these actions

Tell Target Target: /Fade/Action
Go to and Stop Label: Park (Park is frame 1)
End Tell Target
Go to and Stop Park

The above should be close if not exact.
Will play animation once and fade out on Mouse Out, no matter what state
the animation is in. So if animation is still playing when moused out
then it will continue yto play while it is also fading out.