Subject: RE: FLASH: Have to have Feature!!!
From: Frederico
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 04:46:59 +0100

On 7/8/1999 7:18 PM, Bill Killillay via wjkillayatbellsouth [dot] net, among
other things, said:

>Why don't you just get a 21" or larger monitor?

<soapbox>
For the cost of a single 21" monitor, you can get at *least* three 17" s,
*and* the high-end cards needed to drive them, and you net *far* more
real estate.

I have five monitors at work (lower=17, 20, 17, upper=15,15), three at
home (17,17,17), all driven by ATI Rage Pro or iXmicro UltraRez, and I
wouldn't trade even a twin setup for a single 21" You just don't get the
real estate and flexibility of varied resolutions, bit depths, color
profiles, etc.

Multiples are key to web-graphic productivity, and forgo the whole
"shrink/dock my palettes please" arguments. Would I take three or more
21s? Not likely. Part of the point in having the 15's is to test what
things look like for most people.
</soapbox>

Frederico

~Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans.~

--John Lennon