Subject: RE: FLASH: RE: Macs and market share Question
From: Olwage, Pieter
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:37:18 +0100

Anthony wrote:

>hey, I'm on a mac!

>as web designers, we need to accomodate everyone. Even those with 3rd
>generation browsers.

>someone tried to tell me the other day that there are ACTUALLY people out
>there who don't have T3 internet connections.

>I just about died laughing...

>Anthony

eRRR... Most people outside the States do NOT have T3... erm there is
actually "a rest of the world out there" other then the US LOL! ... who do
you design for then Anthony? Only T3?

Where I come from, it is a management decision .... what are you looking for
"Market penetration" or "Market Skimming"? .... Personally I can not give a
rats A$$ about the Netscape or Mac user as my main focus is the BULK IE4 and
5 people out there... We rather penetrate the BULK ... I am not a Netscape
deciple ... so Y the effort?

BTW - those still on ver 3 - dang! CATCH a wake UP! ... we are at 5 now ...
bet ya some of them are still running WordPerfect 5.1 as well LOL!!

Some Stats from a site we run:

These are weekly stats..

Most Used Browsers:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 & 5 - 78.37%
Others - 12.53%
Netscape - 3.7%
WebTrends - 3.53%
Contype - 1.67%
Other Netscape Compatible - 0.17%

There ya have it - why bother? bwhahaha!

Kind Regards
DJT