Subject: FLASH: <OT> Flash on the BigScreen.
From: David Brozicevich
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:56:57 +0100

This is a little OT and a little bit of a plug but....

If you are around Zurich, Switzerland tonite you should head on down to the
Filmfluss (An open-air cinema with the screen on the other side of a river,
extremely beautiful actually!) to see possibly the worlds first 35mm film
(direct-transfer) animation made with Macromedia's Flash4. The cinema
commercial was made for Hiltl (www.hiltl.ch) a local vegetarian restaurant.
We used Flash as our animation platform mainly because of our time
constraints. The small file size and the vector based animation allowed us
to work very quickly at the 24fps film standard. The whole project from
conception to completion was done on a 48hour turn around (which is nearly
unheard of in the film industry!) with a team of three . You can check
out the animation at our website. www.eleven1.com Though be a little
patient with the file size it's 230k :) ... I had to make the whole thing a
movie clip to scale it into something you could see on a normal computer
monitor (i haven't had time to remake the thing properly for the web, it
would be a lot smaller) The stage size was at a 16:9 ratio and it had to be
large enough so we wouldn't lose image quality for the film transfer.

David Broz
eleven1
interactive multimedia
hardstrasse 219