Subject: RE: FLASH: music for sale
From: Byer, Mark
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 17:54:58 +0100

JM,
I'm hoping your question wasn't rhetorical. I take it from your
title/company that you're taking this seriously.

For one thing, sound that is "compression friendly." One example of that is
anti-aliasing, or the distortion one gets when attempting to reduce the
sampling rate down below a frequency included in the sound clip. The sound
library maybe could exist as a .FLA with the sounds included in the files
Library. Each sound could include information suggesting optimum compression
settings. That is especially helpful now that you can define seperate
compression settings for each sound in a movie.

Another would be nice seamless loops that don't make your teeth grind after
the third time through! Ideally they would be selected for inclusion based
on thier ability to work well with Flash's limitations in sync'ing loops to
frame events. (Did I say limitations? That wouldn't be something of an
understatment would it!)

I'm sure there are other excellent suggestions out there too.

-M-