Subject: Re: FLASH: Revelation
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 23:55:55 +0100

Hi Phil,

> I am sure that you all know this, but for those of you who were unaware - if
> you export flash movie to animated gif file format any animated MC is
> static, but if you publish in Flash 4 to export a swf and also produce and
> animated gif at the same time the resulting animated gif shows and animated MC.
That is not the results I get, whether created by gif export or Publish
a movie clip with its behavior set as movie clip will only reveal its
first frame when exported as a movie other than Flash. Only. when I
change its behaviour and allow empty frames behind it, do I see the
anumated graphic behavior of the movie clip that will be exported in a
non-Flash movie.

If on rechecking you are correct then I'd like to see the FLA or a
sample demonstrating this.