Subject: FLASH: Open QA position on Flash
From: Raven Victoria Erebus
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:00:47 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to hire a couple people for QA on Flash. The job posting
follows. If you have questions about the position send mail to me.

To apply send your resume (I really love html resumes) to
mmjobsatmacromedia [dot] com with the subject line #QA369.

thanks

Raven Erebus
Flash QA Test Lead

Quality Assurance
Senior QA Engineer - Flash
Job#: QA369
Location: San Francisco, CA

Summary
Macromedia is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to
contribute to the future of the Web standard for vector graphics and
animation. This person will work through all phases of the software
design cycle to ensure that Flash ships with outstanding quality.

Responsibilities
Develop feature areas in collaboration with software engineers.
Contribute to feature planning.
Create test plans.
Develop and execute test cases.
Record and track bugs.
Write scenario tests.
Communicate with beta testers.

Requirements
Experience testing graphic and Web-based applications.
Ability to develop, execute, and maintain test cases in HTML and Flash
for functional areas of responsibility.
3 years or more of software QA experience.
Experience testing within multiple browsers on multiple platforms.
Thorough knowledge of Windows (95, 98, NT) and Mac OS.
Organized, detail-oriented, problem solver.
Task oriented, self starter with excellent written and verbal
communication skills.

Ideal
Strong knowledge of Flash and JavaScript.
Experience with HTML or other Web-related technologies.
Experience using bug tracking systems.
Strong knowledge of graphic design software, graphic file formats, and
vector graphics.
Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and CGI.
Experience with UNIX.