Subject: Re: FLASH: quicktime, flash4, php3, python/zope, java
From: James Bisset
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:05:46 +0100

On 15/7/99, [s]pyrOS wrote:

>http://www.flashlite.net/help/continued/cr_php1.html
>
>not too much data there, although the forum has a snippet of example php code.
>
>i've got a project where i want to an animated nonlinear/nonheirachical
>navigation system of an object-oriented database. i think i want to do a
>zope/python backend because it seems more elegant and powerful than php3
>(php3's array functions are so tedious). Now the database objects will have
>snippets of video & audio and text & pictures, as well as user-contributed
>threaded conversations. The interrelation between the objects will be
>illustrated and animated using either java or flash4. But since quicktime
>can handle flash4 AND video tracks, should we just use quicktime4 for our
>scripting? Which is easier to script for flash4 or quicktime? Can flash4 &
>quicktime scripting speak with each other? Or is quicktime scripting done
>in other languages like java or C++?

I don't really know what you are talking about [ ;) ], but Check out
LiveStage from <http://www.totallyhip.com> a Quicktime scripting app.
LiveStage Pro, (in alpha at the moment) can do some fairly heavy duty
scripting. See if you can get onto the beta testing team.

Jim

j a m e s b i s s e t
web design | music online
http://www.bisset.u-net.com/
vox: (+44) 161 881 8773 fax: (+44) 161 718 3936
The XXII Group http://www.xxii.com