Subject: FLASH: "string" case sensitive / neato flash 4 features
From: Gilbert Irias
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:44:34 +0100

I currently have the following line of code:

If ((Eval ("AnswerBit"&count) eq "a") or (Eval ("AnswerBit"&count) eq
"A"))

Is there a way to compare the strings without case sensitivity? In other
words, just compare the eq "a". Or is it always case sensitive?

Many thanks to all on the list. I went to a little seminar yesterday by
Macromedia and Apple showing the new features of flash 4 and came away with
a few cool features you may find handy:

- You can "tear" off the timeline to its own window (cool for multiple
monitor setups)
- If you right click an element on the stage, select "edit in place" to edit
the element without having to open up a new window (love this one)
- You can limit which character outlines are output for a text field (this
can even be an input field)

Gilbert Irias

A l p h a n u m e r i c a
www.alphanumerica.com