Subject: Re: FLASH: My .fla files keep screwing up
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 08:48:05 +0100

At 02:38 AM 7/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Everytime I start work on my flash movie it works fine. I'll close it,
>re-open it, reboot my computer, whatever, still works. But then after a
>day or two I try to open it again and it says "An unknown error occured
>while accessing (filename).
>This hasn't happened untill I got flash 4, happening to anyone else?

Not much information to go on, but if you're on a PC and trying to open it
from Windows Explorer, it could be that your system is trying to open it
using Flash3 instead of Flash4. In that case, you need to go to Windows
Explorer->View->Options->File Types and edit the listing for Flash files so
that they are associated with Flash4 not Flash3.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com).
My Flash Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)