Subject: Re: FLASH: Stroke
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 02:29:03 +0100

At 02:08 PM 7/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I'd like to do a "stroke" effect around my text in Flash 4, similar to
>the stroke tool in photoshop, is there anyway to do this??

Yes but it will cost you some in file size. Select and break the text apart
(ctrl-B) to reduce it to a fill. Grab the ink bottle, set the line color
and thickness, and click on the fill. On a letter such as "o" you will have
to click once on the outside and once on the inside. The file size cost is
that the letters are no longer symbols and hence their shapes must be
stored for each instance.