Subject: FLASH: RE: Back Button
From: boB
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:20:32 +0100

Hello!

Thanks for all the suggestions for my back button. Here's what i ended
up doing for those who are interested...

In flash I put javascript:goBack() in the get URL action of my button.
Then in my HTML page I added this script:

<script language="JavaScript">
function goBack(){
theAgent = navigator.appName ;
if (theAgent.indexOf("Netscape") >= 0) {
if (parent.bottom.history.length > 0)
parent.bottom.history.back() ;
} else {
history.back() ;
}
}
</script>

Tested this on MAC and PC, Netscape and Explorer, versions 4.x. Still
needs to be tested on 3.x and 5 but I think there should not be a problem.

boB :]