Subject: Re: FLASH: Passing data from flash to director
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:57:34 +0100

At 12:16 AM 7/21/99, Matt Parry wrote:
> I am trying to pass data from a flash movie inside a director movie
> to that director movie. I have tried using the FScommand with lingo
> that attempts to retrieve the info but no luck.

FSCommand isn't the method recommended on p321 of the D7 "Using Director"
manual, although you could capture such messages through the first means
described, if you wish.

(Rephrased, people usually use the "event:" or "lingo:" prefixes described
there... gives you more flexibility in catching the messages.)

Sidenote: If you're using a Flash button to tell Director to go to another
frame, then please check Director technotes with keyword phrase "Flash AND
go", thanks. Generally, it's better if generic messages are passed, without
one object having intimate knowledge of the innards of the other
environment.

jd