Subject: Re: FLASH: DHTML site comparison with Flash
From: Michael Penne
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:49:10 +0100

Comments:

Demos were ok, not sure they were faster than have could been done with
flash, though...

I'm not sure where they are getting their figures, but 85-95% machines
_having_ a 4 series browser sounds quite high to me. (liars, damn
liars, lawyers, and statisticians!) Though changing from 'flash _is on_
65% to DHTML _can be read by_ 85% is a bit disingenous...I'm quite sure
that 85-95% is much too high for people actually _using_ a 4 series
browser!

Further, _downloading and installing_ a 4 series browser is much more
of a chore than dl-ing the flash and/or sw plugs, no? (even dling a .x
upgrade to a browser!)

And further on, dhtml behaves differently (sometimes _quite_
differently) on IE 4 vs NS 4, though the later versions cleared this up
somewhat...however fonts alone are a good enough reason for me to much
prefer flash over dhtml!

Although if you want some real fun stuff with dhtml, etc.
http://tstudio.usa.net/ is pretty kewell...:-)

===
2D/3D/Flash/etc...

http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5