Subject: Re: FLASH: (Flash4) sound control buttons
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:24:52 +0100

At 02:51 PM 7/23/99 -0300, you wrote:

> Hi!!
>
> I'll try to make myself clear...
> I'm trying to add a "stop all sounds" button on my movie. In fact I got it,
> but the point is: how can I make the button remain with its "red X" after the
> mouse is released? and there's a way to use the same button to restart the
> sound again? The F4 help file ins't as clear as it should be...:-(

Simplest is to put the button in a 2-frame movie clip with stop actions in both
frames. The button action is "play" which toggles the two frames. One frame has
the red "X" the other doesn't. You can have a Stop All Sounds action in one
frame. But you can't have a "start all sounds" action; it doesn't exist. Sound
toggle is a simple, Flash3-compliant scheme and is described step-by-step at
http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/toggle.