Subject: Re: FLASH: Controlling Movies Within Timeline Of Main Movie
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:36:55 +0100

At 10:04 AM 7/26/99 -0400, you wrote:... I have created seven movies,
placed them on
>frame one of their own layer in the main movie timeline. How do I control
>without the use of buttons, the movies playing based upon the sequence I
>want.

I assume you mean movie clips.

Double click each one on the stage, click definition tab (if not already
showing) and give it a unique instance name such as MC1, MC2, etc.

In the last frame of MC1 create a keyframe, double click it, select the
action tab, click on the plus (+) sign, select the action TellTarget. You
should see "/MC2" listed with all the other intance names. Double click it.
(Note that when a target is not on the same timeline, you will not see it
in this drop down list but you can enter its path and name.) Once you have
selected the target, you can choose the action "play."

This presumes that your movie clips have stop actions in their first frames
so that they're not playing by themselves. The exception is the first movie
clip, which will play by itself. When it's done it will tell MC2 to play.
Program MC2, MC3, etc., similarly.