Subject: FLASH: Countdown timer
From: james
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:27:42 +0100

I'm not sure if I've asked this before, so here goes.
As I become more comfortable with Flash, I really like
the EXE/player abilities so nothing has to be
installed on the client. This is ideal for a timer
idea I have - much like a microwave countdown timer.

The user enters a time (hours, minutes, seconds), then
presses start and it counts down and "dings" when
done.

With the variables available in Flash 4, is this
something that's possible? Or, with the use of ASP or
something, can I somehow populate the time variables
in flash?

Seems like this is possible but I just don't know
enough about Flash at this time. Thanks for any tips
or pointers/examples!