Subject: FLASH: Multiple Tell Target Actions
From: Scott Ewen
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:07:45 +0100

Title: Multiple Tell Target Actions
Wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem.

Im trying to set a TELL TARGET ACTION for an animated Navigation Button in my Movie. I want this Nav.  button to, ON ROLL OVER, target a Movie Clip on the stage and ON CLICK execute a GO TO. This would entail setting 2 seperate MOUSE EVENTS for the same INSTANCE  of the Nav. button (similiar to a JAVASCRIPT Image Swap and Image reset combined with a Roll Over). Is it possible to set 2 TELL TARGET INSTANCES in one button Symbol? Any Work-Around Suggestion?

What I tried -

I created  a second invisible button which I placed underneath the visible button on the stage and gave that a MOUSE EVENT ACTION of ON ROLL OVER Target the Movie Clip I wanted to call up. (just like setting an invisible button in the background of a POP UP menu with an ACTION to reset it back to Frame 1). This works but the problem is once I ROLL OVER the invisible button and get to the visible button, the visible buttons GO TO action over rides the invisible buttons ACTION in the underlying layer and vice-versa. The result is unpredictable causing either the invisible button or the visible button to function or not function depending on how quickly the user rolls the mouse over the area.

Anyone?
Scott  Ewen  -  I.P.A. -  Organic  -  EXT. 5545
http://www.dsp.com/solo/fusebox/

"If the American people want to spend the largest per
capita discretionary income in the history of mankind
 walking around pretending they've got an invisible dog...,

 who am I to tell them no?"

 - Invisible-dog-leash manufacturer Ken Gerosa