Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 4 compression
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:41:48 +0100

At 1:55 PM 7/28/99, Samir wrote:
> I have been having the same probs..... cant figure where the
> compression value tab has gone from the main objects menu!

Flash 4 allows you to use the original JPEG compression, rather the
recompressing on export. To see this, choose "Info" from the Library for
that graphic. You'll see the usual popup for JPEG or PNG/GIF compression.
If you choose JPEG you'll also see the "Use imported JPEG data" checkbox.
Whether this is checked or not controls whether you can set a new custom
lossy setting at export.

jd