Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash4 and forms
From: Robert Koberg
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:19:10 +0100

> > Is it possible to make interactive forms? I have read chapter 11 of the
> > manual though this is very brief!
> > What I want to do is to be able to click on an area of a map, say
Scotland,
> > and have the word 'Scotland' inserted into a text field on a form which
> > can then be processed by a cgi/perl script.
> > Can this be done?
> Yes, this can be done with Flash 4.
> You can sent messages to cgi using getURL.
> A text file can be generated by your cgi/perl script.
> Using Load VARIABLES you can retrieve the information from a text file.

Are you looking to interact with an HTML form or do you want the form in
Flash? To me it sounds like you want the form in Flash. If that is so,
then you do not need any cgi to do what you want to do. Just set up
catching a value for variable as Nigel (I think) had shown earlier. Then
use that value/variable to set the value of the text field in the form you
create in flash. Then use the flash form just like any other html form.