Subject: Re: {M I M E SET} RE: FLASH: Urgent help needed... {M I M E SET}
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:37:16 +0100

At 11:47 AM 7/29/99 -0400, you wrote:

>I am not sure if someone addressed this, because i am just skimming thru
>the list today...but the problem may not be your connection, but the MIME
>Setting.
>Incorrect MIME settings can slow the flow. ;)
>I believe that the mime setting is incorrect.....
>Please check and confirm....
>
>>>http://www.watercolours.com n take a look.

MIME is not set correctly. It is very easy to check MIME and I recommend
all Flash developers take five minutes to learn how. To quote John Croteau:

"Note, it is easy to check the MIME youself and
there are two ways to check it from your desktop:
1)http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/mimetype_check.htm
2) The second way is a special set of test files to upload to your
server to make it quick and easy to keep checking the MIME while you are
waiting for the administrator to set the MIME.
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Server/MIME_Test.htm

For more info on setting the MIME type, go to
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Server/index.htm."

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com).
My Flash Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)