Subject: Re: FLASH: Explorer 4.5 mac
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:01:35 +0100

At 1:26 PM 7/29/99, Yann wrote:
> Just to let you know, Macromedia does't suggest the use of
> IE 4.5 for Mac....

Correction... it was the ShockRave site that said they didn't recommend
IE/Mac, mainly because it couldn't tell JavaScript whether it had the
players or not.

You can definitely play Flash content in IE/Mac. Yes, it's different from
other browsers, but then again, what isn't...? ;-)

For the original pages of "boB", I went there, and clicked links, and
burrowed through the framesets, and the page I *guess* you might be talking
about just a regular 100% sizing applied to the SWF. This generally sizes
itself to the window, no problem.

For the person you're talking with on the other end of the phone, try
starting with the usual one-or-all tests... can they see known-to-be-good
sites normally on that machine? Suppose you use the same content in a new
window... can they see that normally? By removing the variables one at a
time you can most quickly find the difference-that-makes-a-difference.

(If I had to *guess* the reason she's not seeing the bottom of the movie
then I'd wonder whether there was something in front of the monitor, but I
realize this has a very low chance of being the actual cause at play
there.... ;-)

jd