Subject: Re: FLASH: Control Group Site
From: Brian Drake
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:56:50 +0100

My best guess is that they converted the footage to grayscale, and kept adjusting the levels until it was super posterized. Maybe they did something else but they got the video to look like that (or pretty close), then they exported
a image sequence of several frames and then traced them in freehand and then just cleaned up the trace and imported the vectors and animated frame by frame. Pretty simple, Wild Wild West anyone?

Jennifer Harvey wrote:

> What I was really getting at was how were the graphics done. It looks as though he took actual movie footage and altered it. Sorry if I'm being a dolt here, I just think it is a cool effect and haven't the foggiest how to do it.
>
> >>2. Did you use the load movie feature?
>
> absolutely...all over the place. or the site would have been unruly.

-- "I don't want a job. All I want to do is train monkeys." - Justin Drake

Brian Drake
Web Developer
Juxt Interactive
brianatjuxtinteractive [dot] com