Subject: RE: FLASH: Inserting a MC
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:05:30 +0100

At 08:48 AM 7/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Marc,
> I want them to pop up by themselves. I used a movie clip because I
>am learning how to use Flash & haven't inserted a MC yet. I tried creating
>a keyframe & dropping in the movie clip, but when I run through the whole
>thing, it just shows the 1st button (doesn't play it). While in the library
>& the Edit Symbol screen it plays just fine. Would this have anything to do
>with Button MC (the MC name) having 4 layers? I wouldn't think so, but as I
>said I'm not sure yet.

Layers have no effect really, because they're condensed into one layer on
export. make sure you don't have a stop action in the first frame of the
movie clip. You might even want to insert a play action there, although
there's no reason it's needed. there are lots of things that could be
causing trouble, so the best thing would be if you can post the .fla on a
web- or ftp-server and give us the address.