Subject: FLASH: Macs WON'T send variables!
From: Mike Yrabedra
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:39:07 +0100

First of all let me say Macromedia needs some serious help with their
"so-called" support program. Ridiculous! Can anyone say BIG long distance
bill?

For the past week I have been trying to get answers concerning the Mac
inability to "send" variables. I can load variables from Tango, but the
arguments need to be hard coded into the URL. Entering values into the
fields does nothing.

Flash 4 *does not* act like a normal html form.

I created a simple test with Tango(Mac server version of a cgi) that would
send back variable values to my browser, that works. No problems loading
variables, just sending them. Can't do searches if it won't send the
parameters.
Therefore, I know my server is set-up correctly (MIME) otherwise the
variable values would not have loaded, right?

I have been testing this whole time on a Mac, with the server being a Mac
also. Maybe a PC will send variables fine, but since over 90% of my traffic
is Mac folk, Flash 4 needs to work on the Mac.

I've been told there a lot of Mac developers on this list, if so please
prove me wrong on this.

Have a Great Day! ;-)

<><><><><><><><><><>
Mike Yrabedra
� Big Kahuna

The Mac Surfshop� / MacServeShop�
60 East Main Street
Statesboro, Georgia 30458
www.macsurfshop.com
1.888.489.6790

"in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs
3:6 NIV