Subject: FLASH: user interaction: big oversight
From: Stuart Mayhew (Garanti Teknoloji)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:32:03 +0100

Hi,
I have forgotten a big feature of this project which is the user can select say: hair colour blonde, hair style short etc so it would display a blonde person with short hair, which originally I thought I could use tell target on however I realise there is a problem with this if someone chooses blonde and short hair how do I get the right image displayed for those settings?? That is to say originally I was going to have it that the user would select blonde and the image would update from a premade image(of a person with blonde hair) then the user would select short hair which would update the image again from a premade image but how would the image database know that Blonde had already been selected to pull out the right variation???? Damned this is complex I am now certain I have gone about this project the wrong way please help, Basically there is a database of all variations depending on the users selection, what I need is the flash file to update the plate depending on the settings choice of the user I am sure this sounds too complex, and believe me it is hard to explain(my reference http://www.lumichron.com/clockbuilder.cfm is the only close example I have to see a similar effect)

please somebody talk to me

Stuart

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com