Subject: Re: FLASH: tell target inside tell target
From: Ilia Pasymansky
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:02:31 +0100

I see!! Great, thank you Robert., you almost saved me hours of my time and
400 frames of a movie., the thing I am trying to do is to have one MC that
perform as a transition (white box that cover and uncover the screen when
you push fwd or back button), and so instead of creating this tween on every
frame where i should perform the transition I decided to put a global one on
the top of the movie and just call em when I need this transition to
happen,.!
Now, another little problem., if you can assist me will be great!
> if ( getProperty("/cover", _currentframe)>#)
> tell target "/"
> go to and stop "whateverframe"
> end tell
> end if
this code is great, but I want to be able to go to different frames on my
main movie, and so I have to change "whateverframe" to the variable that I
will pass when I push the button and call the monitor frame.. and I am
having dificult time here. My code:

On the button

On (Release)
Begin Tell Target ("cover")
Go to and Play (2)
End Tell Target
Begin Tell Target ("monitor")
Set Variable: "myframe" = "transition1"
Go to and Play (2)
End Tell Target
End On

On the monitor MC

If (GetProperty ("/mcfirst/cover", _currentframe )>10)
Begin Tell Target ("/mcfirst")
Go to and Play (myframe)
End Tell Target
Go to and Stop (1)
End If

I am sure the problem is with variable "myframe"
I guess i am setting it in the wrong place
Thanks again for your help and hope to hear from you soon
Ilia

> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:54:54 +1000
> From: Robert Bleeker <rbleekeratcadre [dot] com [dot] au>
> Subject: Re: FLASH: tell target inside tell target
>
> Hi Ilia,
>

> You have to create an empty MC (maybe call it "monitor") on the main
> timeline that loops two frames and in one of the frames it has an action:
>
> if ( getProperty("/cover", _currentframe)>#)
> tell target "/"
> go to and stop "whateverframe"
> end tell
> end if
>
> The _currentframe will only return a frame number so t you can not use a
> label name.
>
> You might want to reset the cover movie so it doesn't keep setting the
main
> timeline and possibly a pause routine in the monitor MC.
>

> Robert

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com