Subject: FLASH: Need some help with button to control a movie clip
From: ifx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 05:50:31 +0100

Hi,

I need to set up a submit button that controls a movie clip based on whether
a user enters text into some text fields. Let's say I have 3 textfields...
one for name, the second for address and the third for phone number. I also
have a 4 frame movie clip on the stage (first frame is empty to be invisible
on the stage) with 3 error messages that play according to the user input of
the textfields. If the user fills out 1 and 3, but doesn't put info. into
field 2, then the movie clip will play to frame 3 where there is a message
that says "you need to fill in your address" etc... I also need the script
to be able to send the movie to another frame in the timeline if all the
info. has been filled out. At that frame, there is a "thank you" page and
other stuff. It seems simple enough.. but I'm having trouble putting the
code together. I'm thinking I can just get away with a "if/then goto and
play" type statement... but not totally sure of how to go about this. I was
hoping someone on the list could nudge me in the right direction so I don't
have to spend countless hours reading and testing until I find the answer.

By the way.. it's for demo purposes so the results of the fields don't need
to be sent to the server.. if that matters.

Thanks in advance!!

alan

W I L S O N - I N T E R A C T I V E
http://www.wilson-interactive.com
Every noble work is at first impossible.
-- Thomas Carlyle

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com