Subject: RE: FLASH: Security on a swf file.
From: Brack, Jeremy
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:14:43 +0100

publish the Flash movie as a Windows Projector file (.exe) and then make a
link to it on your intranet site.. The projector files are too big for a
56k modem in most cases, but its just fine for LAN traffic on an intranet.
The projector file has no way of printing the info on screen because its
outside of the browser.

The user will still be able to save this file to thier hard drive, zip drive
or CD-R, so what you need is dynamic passwords... in other words, you need
to create some variables in Flash that check to make sure the user is
connected to the inside LAN. Then if that checks out, you bring up a
password box that checks a password from the internal database on the LAN
server. That way the Flash projector file is useless if your not using a
computer inside the company.

The only problem is that your classified data inside the Flash projector
file will always be able to be screen captured by simply pressing the PRINT
SCREEN button found on every PC keyboard.. then paste the contents into your
favorite graphics program or even Outlook Express.........

to eliminate the screen capture problem, you can rip out the PRINT SCREEN
key on every keyboard in the company, and tape up the holes..

but then you can still take a really nice 35mm photograph of the still
screens...
So have your security guard remove all cameras from every visitor and
employee as they enter the building...