Subject: Re: FLASH: Animated Screen Captures?
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:59:38 +0100

Seth, look forward to hearing whether you come up with any new ideas.
But I can't imagine a scenario that would provide a good vector-based
solution for Flash. If you have an avi, you wouldn't want to put the
whole thing into Flash anyway -- you'd still have to select out frames
and do a vector animation to tie them together to get a decent file
size, so you might as well just start out with a collection of relevant
screen capture bitmaps, and then crop and vector-animate as necessary.
Maybe it would be a good way to get animated content into Director?
(don't know since I haven't used it, but I notice at the demoshield site
they portray themselves as a faster alternative to Director,
content-creationwise).

Always good to hear of new tool possibilities anyway, so thanks for
posting if you find something useful.

Helen
Helen Triolo � http://i-Technica.com � 301-424-6037
Flash Q&A archive � http://i-technica.com/flashlist

Seth Newton wrote:

> Helen and whoever else,
>
> I believe that Demoshield has those capabilities, and it stores them in
> an .avi file format....so perhaps there's a way to bump it into flash. I
> have a meeting tomorrow with the engineers who have been using it
> (demoshield), so I'll mess with it and find out tomorrow and tell you if
> anything comes of it.
>
> -Seth.

flasher is generously supported by...
shockwave.com and Electric Rain.
1.877.4.FLASH.4 or (1.805.640.6679 outside the US and Canada)
Register before June 30 and save $200!!-- www.flashforward2000.com