Subject: Re: FLASH: Generator design shops?
From: Robert Koberg
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 01:22:48 +0100

> I sorry but I think that you might be way off track. There is no way to
pass
> varibles to a flash 4 .swf file through your html. The only way you can
> store varibles is in and action or a text field.

You can pass variables back and forth by sending a post to a server side cgi
(asp, hotsockets, perl, ...) . You get a return result that you then handle
in FLINGO and deal with in the logic available - which, agreed, is
definitely limited - but that makes for a small player...

>You can't perform color
> tint function and the list goes on.

There is no way to change colors on the fly (I'm curious)?

>Besides, you will always need the flash
> generator server edition. to create your online .swfs!

IF that is what you require, but why