Subject: Re: FLASH: Randomness of Flash
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:51:26 +0100

Hi Scott,

> I'm making a CD presentation with Flash, and let's say I have 4 different
> designs for my menu screen. They are the same as far as choices--have the
> same information on them, they just *look* different.
> What I want is for Flash to randomly choose which menu screen to go to after
> completing the action of whatever is chosen. I know how to do this if the
> viewer pushes a button to get back to the menu screen, but I want this to be
> completely random--for flash to make the decision, with no help from the
> viewer. The method doesn't matter--i'll build with scenes, mc's or whatever
> it takes to achieve this.
> Can anyone help?
There is a random generator in Flash 4 which could be easily used for
this.

If you are making projectors then this is no problem at all.
If using Flash from a browser you supply then just include Flash4
plugin.
If using users Browser then you could cover more browsers by using Flash
4 for browsers with Flash 4 (will work with all browsers with Flash 4
plugib/ActiveX Control). If the Flash 4 plugin/ActiveX Control then use
the FSCommand/JavaScript method which will cover only the FSCommand
capable browsers.
http://www.FlashBible.com/Members/FSCommand/Table.htm

Hopefully you don't have to burn the CDs tonight.