Subject: FLASH: WOW! A Macromedia Flash Surprise
From: Jim Butler
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:21:02 +0100

I WAS completely "WOWed" by Macromedia today. Yesterday, I posted a
message venting about my poor experience I had with the Macromedia phone
sales department, because they told me that my Flash 4 upgrade wouldn't
ship until next week.

Today I received a phone call from Linda Grant, a VP with Macromedia, in
reply to my post. She was incredibly nice and took the time to explain
Macromedia's shipping procedures and to also informed me that my order
would be shipping today. (It seems like the sales person I spoke with
yesterday was just giving me "realistic" expectation, but he was not
speaking from fact when he said that my specific order would ship next
week.)

I have NEVER received a call from any company (Adobe, MetaCreations,
Newtek, etc.), in reply to an discussion list post, a DIRECT PHONE
COMPLAINT or an email, much less a call from a VP at the company.

I want to publicly commend Macromedia and especially Linda Grant for
this extreme showing of customer service. We always complain about
companies when they "screw up," but it is rare when companies are
complimented when they do something good.

Here is a thumbs-up to Macromedia for doing something good; make that
GREAT and especially to Linda Grant.

THANK YOU! : -D

--
Jim Butler